Mushroom Pizza with Capicola & Pistachio Pesto
Sure to be a winner on any menu, this gourmet mushroom pizza delivers fresh and tasty flavours.
Total Time: 35 Mins
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- ¼ cup (60 mL) packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) packed fresh parsley
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) toasted pistachios
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) almonds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) lemon zest
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 oz (175 g) pizza dough
- 1 cup (250 mL) Galbani Professionale ® Pizza Mozzarella 22% Tigrato Shred
- 2 oz (60 g) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 oz (60 g) thinly sliced capicola
- 1 cup (250 mL) arugula
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped hot chili peppers in oil
- Preheat oven to 500ºF (260ºC). In food processor, blend together basil, parsley, oil, pistachios, almonds, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper until smooth.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 11-inch (28 cm) round. Transfer to pizza pan dusted lightly with flour. Spread pesto over dough, leaving ½-inch (1 cm) border all around. Sprinkle with cheese; top with mushrooms and capicola.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbling.
- To serve, scatter arugula and chopped hot chili peppers in oil over top.
Alternatively, bake pizza in pizza oven or wood-burning oven, adjusting baking time and oven temperature as needed.