Nacho Supreme Poutine
This fusion of nachos and poutine in one dish makes a fun main dish or appetizer for sharing.
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Beatrice 18% Sour Cream
- ½ tsp (2 mL) lime zest
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- Pinch salt
- 8 oz (125 g) frozen French fries
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) prepared gravy, heated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) nacho seasoning
- 4 oz (125 g) chorizo sausages, casing removed and sautéed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 oz (90 g) P’tit Quebec Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix together avocado, sour cream, lime zest, lime juice and salt; transfer to portion serving cup. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Deep-fry French fries according to package directions.
- Stir gravy with nacho seasoning; drizzle over fries. Top with chorizo, beans, cheese curds, green onions, jalapeño, tomato and cilantro. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese curds start to melt.
- Serve with avocado cream.
Substitute pickled sliced jalapeño for fresh jalapeño pepper if desired.