Espresso Oat Smoothie
Sweetened with banana, chopped dates and maple syrup, this creamy oat and espresso smoothie is a tasty and nutritious way to start the day.
- ½ cup (125 mL) Lactantia PurFiltre 2% Milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) rolled oats
- ¼ cup (60 mL) espresso, cold
- 1 frozen ripe banana
- 1 pitted date, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) maple syrup
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- In small bowl, combine milk and oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In high-speed blender, combine soaked oats, espresso, banana, date, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth and blended.
- Pour into serving glass. Garnish with sprinkle of cinnamon.
Substitute cold brewed coffee for espresso.