Beef and Mushroom Cheeseburger
Garnished with sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions and horseradish sour cream,
this upscale cheeseburger is elevated to gourmet status.
Total Time: 45 Mins
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
- 5 oz (150 g) ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 mL) steak seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Beatrice Sour Cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) horseradish
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 oz (30 g) sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp (2 mL) minced garlic
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices Black Diamond Sliced Cheese
- 1 brioche burger bun, toasted
- ½ cup (125 mL) arugula
- ¼ cup (60 mL) caramelized onions
- Mix together ground beef, steak seasoning and mustard; shape into 1/2-inch (1 mL) thick patty. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Stir together sour cream and horseradish; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Melt butter in small saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms and garlic for 4 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives.
- Preheat grill to medium-high; grease grate well. Grill burger turning once, for 10 to 13 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C). Top with cheese slices; cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese melts. Meanwhile, grill bun for 30 to 60 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- Assemble cheeseburger in bun with horseradish cream, arugula, sautéed mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Add a splash of brandy to the mushrooms as they are sautéed.
- For caramelized onions: Use prepared onions, or melt 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter in a large heavy-bottom pan set over medium heat; cook 2 large sliced onions, and a pinch of salt, pepper and sugar for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, for 25 to 35 minutes or until onions are a dark golden brown colour and caramelized. Let cool; cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.