Butternut Squash Risotto
Total Time: 50 Mins
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 40 Mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Lactantia unsalted butter
- 1 small spanish onion, chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Astro Original Balkan Plain 6% Yogourt
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen butternut squash chunks
- 1/4 cup Black Diamond Parmesan Cheese, plus additional for serving
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped sage
- salt and pepper
- Pour stock into a small saucepan and heat over low heat, keep warm while making risotto.
- Melt Lactantia butter with olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the Arborio rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook, stirring until evaporated. Add 2 cups of stock and butternut squash, stir until liquid has evaporated. Add an additional 1 cup of stock, continue to stir until evaporated. Continue adding stock and stirring until Arborio rice is al dente and creamy. Stir in Astro Original yogourt, Parmesan cheese and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve risotto as a main or side dish with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.