Baked Cacio and Pepe Chicken Mac and Cheese
Cacio and pepe is a simple Roman dish prepared by tossing pasta simply with cheese and pepper. This amped-up mac and cheese version with chicken is creamy, rich and decadent.
Total Time: 40 Mins
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked corkscrew pasta (6.6 oz/186 g), and ¼ cup/60 mL cooking liquid reserved
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped cooked chicken (2.8 oz/80 g)
- ½ cup (125 mL) Alfredo sauce
- 2 oz (60 g) Lactantia Cream Cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 ½ tsp (7 mL) crushed pepper, divided
- ¼ cup (60 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix together pasta and cooking liquid, chicken, Alfredo sauce, cream cheese, Parmesan, roasted garlic and 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper. Spoon into greased 3-cup (24 oz) individual lasagna baker or baking dish.
- Toss together bread crumbs, melted butter and remaining pepper. Sprinkle over top of mac and cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Garnish with parsley.
Substitute shrimp or sausage for chicken.