Loaded with the works, this hearty bagel and lox sandwich with Tex-Mex flavours makes a satisfying meal any time of the day.
- 1 oz (30 g) Lactantia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp (2 mL) finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ tsp (2 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp (2 mL) minced garlic
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- 1 sesame seed bagel, toasted
- 2 slices lox (2 oz/50 g)
- ¼ avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) pickled red onion
- 7 thin slices cucumber
- 4 thin slices fresh jalapeño pepper
- Mix together cream cheese, chives, dill, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread over bottom half of toasted bagel.
- Top with lox, avocado, pickled red onions, cucumber and jalapeño. Cap with top half of bagel. To serve, cut in half.
For quick pickled red onions, thinly slice 1 cup red onion. Toss with ½ cup (125 mL) cider vinegar, and 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and sugar. Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly pickled.