Norwegian Cheddar Pancakes
Total Time: 45 Mins
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 10 Mins
- 1 pkg Black Diamond Medium Cheddar or Colby Cheese
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Astro Plain Yogourt
- 3/4 cup Beatrice 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup Lactantia Salted Butter, melted
- Shred three-quarters of the Black Diamond cheese; dice remaining quarter and set all aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in Black Diamond shredded cheese.
- In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in Astro Plain yogourt, Beatrice 2% milk and Lactantia butter.
- Add yogourt mixture all at once to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter will be thick)
- For each pancake spread 1 heaping tablespoon (15 mL) batter in hot, lightly greased fry pan.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear in the surface.
- Turn and brown underside.
- Pour honey over each serving and garnish with diced Black Diamond cheese (optional).