Mussels with Tarragon Cream Sauce
Total Time: 35 Mins
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 20 Mins
- 2 lbs Mussels, rinsed and cleaned
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup Lactantia 15% Cooking Cream
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 6 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cup solive oil
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil.
- Add in the garlic, chili peppers and onion and sautée for two minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in the mussels, and stir to coat in the onion mixture.
- Pour in the white wine and stir the mussels.
- Cover the pot and let the mussels steam for about 8 minutes, until the shells open up.
- Using a slotted spoon remove mussels and place on a serving platter.
- Bring the liquid in the pot to a boil, season with salt and pepper, and tarragon. Reduce for a couple of minutes then add in the Lactantia 15% Cooking Cream.
- Pour sauce over the mussels and sprinkle with chopped tomatoes and green onions.